|Chantilly Farm's performance stage near Floyd, Va. (Chantilly Farm)|
And, if you are traveling in an RV, check out the beautiful Chantilly Farm campground six miles from downtown Floyd and convenient to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Crooked Road Heritage Music Trail.
|Camping at Chantilly Farm|
Opened in 2011, Chantilly Farm has evolved into one of the region’s premiere outdoor venues for camping and special events. With acres of grassy fields, woodlands, and abundant wildlife, the venue provides the perfect backdrop for gatherings and full hookups or rustic tent camping.
Here are some of their 2017 events:
- The 7th Annual Bluegrass & BBQ Festival, May 26-28, is "an all-star lineup of some of the biggest artists in the genre along with local and regional talent."
- Floyd Auto Fair & Vintage Swap Meet, June 2-4, is one of the region's most unique classic car events.
- The Barn Dance, June 9, 6:30-9 p.m. is an old-fashioned style barn dance in celebration of The Crooked Road's Mountains of Music featuring The Wildmans and Back Porch Cloggers. Free Admission.
- 4th Annual Gospel Jubilee, June 10, 2- 8 p.m. features Grammy and Dove award winner Jason Crabb. Free event.
- Floyd Energy Fair, July 15, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. is organized by nonprofits Sustain Floyd and Apple Ridge Farm. $5 per family, $3 for individuals.
- "Buses at Chantilly" Volkswagen Bus Campout, Sept. 15 - 17, is perfect if your rig is a VW camper.
|"Buses at Chantilly" Rally, music at Chantilly Farms|
Admission to the concert is free for VW Bus Campout participants. If you don't own a VW bus, but are fascinated by them or just want to be there for the concert, tickets for the general public are available.
Questions? Call (540) 353-5898 or email email@example.com
For more about previous visits to Floyd, click here to learn more about the nearby Floyd Country Store and its Friday Night Jamborees.
— Julianne G. Crane
For more on the RV lifestyle, click on RVWheelLife.com
Photos: Chantilly Farm